IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) is popular for its postgraduate diploma in foreign trade. It conducts a paper based test named IIFT, generally in the month of November, to shortlist candidates for its MBA – International Business Program.The written exam is followed by Group Discussion, Essay Writing and Personal Interview. On the basis of the candidates’ performance and the IIFT cut off, IIFT will make a merit list for the second round.
IIFT Cut Off will be announced by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade after the release of IIFT Result.The cut off is the minimum marks or score which is required to be obtained by the candidates in order to qualify the exam.
Important Points to Remember
- IIFT will provide admission to the candidates in their two campuses i.e. at Delhi and Kolkata campuses.
- Clearing IIFT 2017 Cutoff does not entitle for allocation of seat.
- Those who will score more than cutoff will be called for GD / PI round.
- The expected IIFT Cut off 2017 for General Category is 48.5.
- For candidates from reserved categories, it ranges from 5 to 43.5.
- Final admission into IIFT is based upon the outcome of candidates’ performance in the three selection stages viz. Written Test, Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- Eligible candidates will be granted admission against 220 seats at Delhi campus and 140 seats at Kolkata campus.
IIFT 2017 Analysis & Cut Off
In IIFT 2016, the exam pattern was full of surprises. With the combination of complexLR sets and EU questions, simple DI sets and RCs and a cross words puzzle in the middle of the exam, planning & time management were real problem-solving strategies.
With a twist, spending time on DI and RC sections was more beneficial. As it turns out, the sub-sections that students are usually afraid of were the keys to one’s success in this paper.The total no. of questions was 123 distributed over four sections. The details of the sections are given below:
Section-Wise Details of IIFT 2016:
|Parts||Section||Total no. of Ques.||Marks per Ques.||Total Marks||Good Attempts||Achievable Score||Sectional Cut off||Ideal Time (in minutes)|
|Section 1||General Awareness||25||0.50||12.5||10 to 12||3.5 to 5||2||10-12|
|Section 2 – Part 1||Reading Comprehension||16||1.00||16||24 to 27||15 to 17||6.5||30-35|
|Section 2 – Part 2||English Usage||20||0.75||15|
|Section 3||Quantitative Ability||20||1.00||20||14 to 16||10 to 12||6.25||30-35|
|Section 4 – Part 1||Logical Reasoning||22||0.75||16.5||22 to 24||12.5 to 14.5||7.25||35-40|
|Section 4 – Part 2||Data Interpretation||20||1.00||20|
Note-IIFT Cut off for General category students are most likely to be in the range of 44-49marks. The corresponding figures for NC/OBC and SC/ST/PWD is around 37-40 and 32-35 marks respectively.
IIFT Cut Off Trends
- IIFT 2017 Cutoff score varies for different categories and there will be minor variations as compared to previous year cutoffs.
- Candidates who fail to score equal to or more than the cutoff will not be considered for further admission procedure.
- Those who will have a consistent good academic background, high IIFT 2017 score and work experience may get a call.
- IIFT 2017 cut off is estimated to be the same as that of previous year i.e. 48.5 in 2016.
- As expected, the General Knowledge section was the most challenging. Most students struggled in this section due to the high level of difficulty of questions.
This is a possibility that the expected cut off could be down than recent years.
Overall- As per experts, the overall expected cutoff for IIFT MBA admission 2018-20 will be as follow –
|Category||IIFT 2017 CutOff (Expected)|
|General||48 – 49|
|OBC||33 – 43|
|SC/ST/PH||28 – 38|
Expected IIFT Cutoff by Coaching Institutes
|Name of Coaching Institutes||General||NC/OBC||SC/ST/PWD|
|Career Launcher||42 – 45||37 – 40||32 – 35|
|Bulls Eye||41 – 44|
|TIME||44 – 46|
Expected IIFT Sectional Cut Off
|Sectional Cutoff||6.5 – 9||6 – 10||4 – 7||1.5 – 2.5|
Factors Determining IIFT Cut Off 2017
Following are the few factors which primarily affect the cut-off every year.
- Number of candidates appeared for IIFT 2017
- Number of candidates’ who clear the management entrance exam
- Level of difficulty of the question paper
- Number of seats available in the institute
- Marking scheme in IIFT exam
- Admission rules for each department and category
- Reservation norms
- Previous year cut off
IIFT is a prestigious entrance exam and by clearing it with the qualifying score can lead you into one of the top B-Schools of India. With the right amount of preparation, time management and practice, one can efficiently go through all the rounds. Generally, cut off of this exam is on lower side and this year also it is estimated to remain as that of previous year i.e. 48.5 in 2016.
But it is also analysed by the expert teams of various coaching centres that this year, students had to go through an extremely challenging General Knowledge section. Most students faced hard time in this section due to the high level of difficulty of questions.
This is a possibility that the expected cut off could be down than recent year. But there are other factors also that govern a candidate’s admission, for example, number of candidates who have appeared, number of seats etc.
A candidate must clear all the rounds and must fit into admission criteria to get a seat in any of the two IIFT campuses.All the best to all the students! Keep working hard for the forthcoming examinations.